PreConstruction Project Manager – Architectural Solutions
Responsible for providing direction throughout the preconstruction phase of a project from inception through turnover to Operations. The Preconstruction Manager engages with both internal and external entities to ensure that commitments to clients are being satisfactorily met and consistently communicated. Oversees estimating, scheduling, integration and purchasing functions as they relate to preconstruction services and provides effective management of the integration process during design ensuring that prefabricated files are coordinated with contract design. The PPM is embedded as a leader in a company culture that is cooperative and collaborative, fast paced, and develops growth and innovation.
- Assists partners with business development in building relationships and providing conceptual estimates to potential clients.
- Provide process discussion in collaboration with business development during the project acquisition stage.
- Provides excellent analytical abilities in risk assessment and mitigation during inception to turnover to operations/construction team.
- Leads interdisciplinary teams to deliver integrated prefabricated files.
- Provides oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout preconstruction from inception through turnover and ensures that design expectations are coordinated within budget and schedule.
- Takes leadership and owns quality assurance/quality control of integration during the full preconstruction project life cycle.
- Drive revenue by chasing, qualifying, negotiating, and closing new strategic opportunities with leads provided by both the Business Development, sales personal, internal furniture reps and opportunities sourced individually.
- Provides design assist proposals to architects and general contracts and negotiates terms while providing scope explanations.
- Collaborates with the design team throughout the preconstruction phase
- Leads Corporate Environments interdisciplinary teams through integration, ensuring fabrication is coordinated with design engineers.
- Provides responsibility matrix to the remaining trades to ensure no gaps or overlaps in the project documents and budget.
- Continuous budget development for defined scope of work as project progresses through the design.
- Conducts all levels of estimating from conceptual to detailed final lump sum for sub-contracting bid.
- Reconciles budgets throughout the Preconstruction phases, to ensure third party cost engineers comparison is correctly reflecting blended budgets and provides milestone budgetary updates as appropriate.
- Manages development of all design deliverables (design progress prints, permit set, structural design, and specifications) to design team for design assist and design-build projects.
- Reviews all project documents including drawings, specifications and technical documents from each trade/manufacture to ensure constructability and coordination.
- Responsible for project schedule creation and coordination with the GC/Design Build Contractor to properly reflect a prefab approach.
- Tracks critical path and project tasks to keep all team members and deliverable in line with the master project schedule.
- Attends and participates in pull planning meetings to ensure dependencies are adequately identified and logic is linked accurately in master schedule.
- Conveys any concerns regarding design, schedule, and budget to client as design progresses.
- Reviews contract for preconstruction services and subcontract agreements.
- Lead MEP validation process in order to mitigate risks.
- Provides constructability review and identifies ideal locations for prefab construction.
- Establishes and attends design coordination meetings with the design team to ensure proper collaboration between all team members.
- Interfaces with vendors to request quotes used to supply accurate proposals to client.oResearches manufacturers and products and works closely with Design team to strategically plan and develop client specific solutions.
- Responsible for research and recruitment of new sub-contractors and vendors as required for design build applications.
- Manages Corporate Environments involvement in BIM coordination.Construction.
- Reviews project requirements including scope, budget, and schedule with the construction project managers for quality control prior to project hand-off.
- Reviews contract drawings for any cost and/or schedule impacts and notifies the GC within the allotted time frame per the contract.
- Tracks any design changes in contract documents and ensures changes are properly captured prior to procurement. Manages permit revisions if necessary.
- Oversees shop drawing generation and GC/AOR submittal process.
- Submits pricing and all other information needed in order to supply final contract pricing to the client.oAssists in reviewing subcontract to assess
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education/Experience: Bachelors degree (B.A.) from a four-year college in construction management, engineering, or architectural design or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years related experience and/or training in Interior Architecture, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Revit, CAD, MS Project, and Procore experience required
- LEED and Well Building certification preferred
- Experience with Prefabrication/offsite and design build process is also desired
- Knowledge/Skills/AbilitiesFull understanding of a design assist approach for full integration into the preconstruction process.
- Ability to assess and manage risk.
- Must have a good understanding of unit costing and square foot costs.
- Ability to foster and leverage relationships. Comfortable interfacing with clients, architects, general contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and internal staff.
- Must be extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to analyze and problem solve, even with significant ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to successfully present products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project and Procore desired.
- Must be assertive and have strong sense of urgency and prioritization.
- Proven sales ability and general understanding of business practice, pricing, and discounting.
- Experience in take offs using Bluebeam or similar estimator software is preferred.